Quickbooks Setup & Support Services
Why Use QuickBooks:
QuickBooks is the ideal business accounting software for small to mid-sized business owners. Simple bookkeeping tasks are handled automatically making it easier to run your business, which saves time and paperwork.
QuickBooks allows you to easily generate reports with the information you need, so you always know where your business stands. You instantly know whether you’re making money and whether your business is healthy. Also, you can customize QuickBooks to work the way you want. QuickBooks is specifically designed to be flexible and adaptable to a wide range of small businesses.
Although QuickBooks is designed for the layman to understand, the initial setup and installation must be done correctly in order for future information to be accurate.
All information to setup manual accounting records is also necessary to setup and install QuickBooks on your desktop. This task is even more complicated if you switch from manual accounting operations to QuickBooks in the middle of the year.
Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances?
An expert can easily answer all of these questions and complete the initial setup and installation in a timely manner. In addition, your accounting employees receive training on the accounting software to enhance their performance.
As with any accounting software program, installation and training take time – time taken away from managing your business. Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs.
- Install software, design and set up chart of accounts and entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, etc.
- Determination of your QuickBooks starting date.
- Loading your chart of accounts and balances as of that starting date.
- Preparation of a list of the items that you sell to your customers. This list includes services, inventory parts, non-inventory parts, other charges, and sales tax.
- Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date.
- Entering your bank statement ending balances and outstanding cheques and deposits in transit as of your starting date.
- Printing a trial balance as of your starting date and comparing it to your trial balance from your old system.
- Entering your transactions since your starting date into QuickBooks.
- Train client and/or client staff in use of software to meet their accounting, management and tax needs.
- You can opt to have follow-up training to ensure you are “on the right track”.
We can offer services for monthly, quarterly or annual review of client QuickBooks data to assist in tax preparation and management reports.